Commercial Building Details
Far East Square is a commercial building located at 74 Telok Ayer street, Singapore 048462, in prime district 01. It is owned by the reputable Far East Organization. It is mainly for office, F&B and Retail outlets rental and sale. Opened in 1999, it is a heritage conservation project with a variety of cafes, restaurants, pubs, pushcarts and shops. Fu Tak Chi Museum is one of Singapore’s oldest temples restored as museum. Admission is free. Being strategically located in near to Singapore’s Downtown Core is definitely a plus point for business start up here.
Mon to Fri (Before 5 pm): $2.14 per 1/2hr from 6am to 4.59pm
Mon to Fri (After 5 Pm): $3.21/entry from 5pm to 5.59am the following day
Saturday: $3.21/entry from 6am to 6am the following day
Sunday and Public Holidays: $3.21/entry from 6am to 6am the following day
Commercial Building Location
Far East Square is located in the Central Business District, amidst Telok Ayer Street, Amoy Street and Pekin Street. It is within walking distance to Raffles Place Mrt Station. Other nearby MRT stations are Telok Ayer and Downtown stations. There are also several bus services available. For vehicle owners, driving from here to the vibrant Orchard Road shopping district takes about 10-15 minutes. Major expressways such as CTE and ECP allow drivers easy access to any part of Singapore.
Malls: Nearby mega malls like Capital Square, Chinatown Point, China Square Central, Lucky Chinatown, OG Building, Central and Riverside Point as well as many more others which have a myriad of amenities like eateries, retail shops, supermarkets and banks. There are also nearby restaurants at Telok Ayer Street, Pekin Street and along Market Street. There is also Singapore’s number nightlife entertainment belt along Clark Quay and Boat Quay.
Supermarkets: The nearest supermarkets are Cold Storage Supermarket at China Square Central, NTUC Fairprice at Tanjong Pagar Plaza and Market Place Supermarket at Raffles City Shopping Centre.
Healthcare: For medical consult, you can head to the nearby General Practitioner Clinics, Outram Polyclinic, Raffles Hospital, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore National Eye Centre and National Heart Centre in the area to provide specialist healthcare services for the residents.
Education: The nearby educational institution around are Outram Secondary School and Singapore Management University.
Recreational facilities: There are many recreational facilities around Singapore Cricket Club, Telok Ayer Hong Lim Community Centre and Kreta Ayer Community Centre.
Places of worship: These include Al Abrar Mosque at 192 Telok Ayer Street, Sri Mariamman Temple at 244 South Bridge Road, Thian Hock Keng Temple at 158 Telok Ayer Street, Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and museum at 288 South Bridge Road and Telok Ayer Chinese Methodist Church at 235 Telok Ayer Street.
Hotels around here include Ascott Raffles Place Singapore, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore, The ScarletHotel, The Inn at Temple Street, Hotel 81 Chinatown, Furama City Centre, Swissotel Merchant Court Hoetl and G Hotel.
Far East Square is definitely a highly sought after commercial business place due to its strategic location in the Downtown Core and the myriad of facilities in-house and nearby. Prestigious residential apartments located around this area like The Sail @ Marina Bay, Marina Bay Suites and Marina Bay Residences. For more details, please contact the relevant personnel.
Did you know ?
1.The current Fu Tak Chi museum was built in 1824 to worship the chinese god Tau Pek Gong. It was a place of worship for the taoists and confucianists. The cantonese and Hakka immigrants built this shrine to thank Tau Pek Gong for their safe journey to here from China. In 1969 the temple was restored when donations poured in. In 1989, it was converted into the current Fu Tak Chi Museum which is used to house historical artifacts that remained from the immigrant days.
2. Singapore's earliest market is Telok Ayer Market which dated back to 1825 when it was just a wooden structure near the sea allowing unloading of goods. It was demolished in 1879 due to the reclamation at Telok Ayer Basin. It was rebuilt and designed with the octagonal structure by an architect called James Macritchie. It was conserved in 1973, but was demolished again to make way for MRT lines. Finally in 1991 , it was rebuilt with the same octagonal structure and there after named Lau Pat Sat which means old market.
RETAIL & OFFICE AVAILABLE